Friday, March 14, 2008

Interviews

"Have you lived the American Dream?"

Kris Stevens, Aunt
"I think I have achieved the American dream but not in the same respect as maybe a business man would consider. I don't have six figure job or belong to a country club but I am truly happy with what I have accomplished in my life so far. Growing up at Wrightsville Beach I learned that the simplest things have the most impact. I have almost paid off both my cars and my house and I am not in debt. I consider this to be very successful. I'm content with not owning all the latest luxuries because I know that money does not grow on trees and prices are higher than ever. Most people measure success in the type of car they own or how big there house is. Money can buy almost anything but it cannot purchase memories, family, or friends. When I wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night I am truly happy, thats how I know I'm successful."


Anne Theilmier, Aunt
"Yes. I have fulfilled the American Dream in all ways possible. I worked by way through college and it paid off. I have a job where I am high on the corporate ladder and make the deserving pay as well. I work virtually from home where I'm also able to take care of my family. I am able to buy and own a numerous of nice things, properties, and memberships without worrying about cost. I think that also benefits my family because I am able to send my children to the best schools and allow them to engage in many extracurricular activities. I consider the American Dream to have a stable job that provides money in order to support a family and I have accomplished that."


Reaction:
In these two interviews I received two extreme reactions. Anne implied that the reason she was successful was because of her material wealth while Kris stated her success derived from things other than money.

2 comments:

Ms. Micallef said...

sAVANNAH - GOOD JOB

POPADINES IS MISSING?
nICE JOB - WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR AUNTS SAID? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE AMERICAN DREAM?

mICALLEF

Ms. Micallef said...

Savannah

Where are the personal extension questions?

Also, lets include your cubist drawing in this section and relate modern day election to the revolutionary period

grade: 94